INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana Fashion Week was created for the thousands of Hoosier creatives who want to be part of the fashion industry, Creator and CEO Denisha Ferguson said.
“It was like, you know what, let’s actually build Indiana Fashion Week here to be a platform and resource for them,” she said. “So it’s this week.”
Ferguson dropped by Indy Now Tuesday with Keng Xiong, a fashion designer who’s serving as lead stylist for Indiana Fashion Week 2022, and Peggy Latta, a restyle designer who creates couture-inspired clothing with textiles she finds at estate sales or thrift stores.
Fashion Week events take place all over Indy through Saturday. The Youth Designer challenge was Monday and Tuesday. There’s a party at Selfie Wrld Indy Wednesday night, a fashion show on Monument Circle Thursday and a film night Friday at Newfields. The big finale event, The Runway Shows, is Saturday from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Dallara IndyCar Factory in Speedway.
Visit the Indiana Fashion Week website for details on each event, guest attire and to get tickets.
- An Iconic Week of Fashion and Fundraising Returns to Bellevue This Fall
- Milan Fashion Week’s September Edition Packed With Debut Shows
- Raf Simons and Burberry join London Fashion Week lineup
- Clothing brand inspired by contemporary culture makes New York Fashion Week debut
- Women’s fashion week SS23: what to expect