Warning graphic content
A husband’s unfortunate wedding ring injury has sparked an intense reaction on social media.
Images of the man’s extreme wound were shared on Reddit, showing how the flesh under where his band would usually sit had been severely eroded away.
For more Lifestyle related news and videos check out Lifestyle >>
But while many assumed that the trauma was caused by the husband’s refusal to remove his wedding ring for a long period of time, this was not the case.
It’s understood the man was changing a motor in his boat when a live wire touched the band, leading to a significant electrical burn.
The news caused many tradesmen to share warnings about wearing jewellery while working with “electronics, welding equipment, or heavy machinery”.
“Yep, I’m an electrician who’s getting married later this year. I’m either gonna get a bunch of silicon bands or one made out of titanium so that it’s non-conductive because it’s a legitimate risk,” said one.
Another wrote: “Rings are dangerous. I was throwing a tyre into the back of a truck and my ring caught on the rim. The ring had to be cut off after almost degloving me.”
Added one more: “This happened to my uncle when he was trying to remove a battery from a car. The wrench went across the terminals and was touching his ring.
“He almost had to have his finger amputated because the severe burn almost severed all blood flow to his finger. He was lucky and his finger healed after getting a graft.”
Others said they were convinced the injury had been caused from